Monday, July 7, 2008

A Wonderful Surprise Meeting Fr. Daren Again

flowers for Fr. Daren and the delegates
from Sringfield, Illinois



I had the pleasure of meeting Fr. Daren Zehnle of
Servant and Steward last year through Esther of A Catholic Mom in Hawaii. Fr. Daren came just in time for the big Fr. Damien celebration we had which took place at our capitol and immediately followed by a well attended Mass at the Cathedral of Our Lady of Peace. I must say his vacation was FANTASTIC (his posts were enough proof) :-).

I had the chance to go to Stephen's in Pali (diocesan main office and residence of Bishop Larry Silva) the day before and met just by chance some of the delegates from Springfield, Illinois who were here for a short visit before going to Australia for World Youth Day. Funny, I startled one of them for as I was walking out of the bathroom, she was walking towards the main door and not expecting anyone there since it was a Saturday. I had a nice chat with them afterwards.


Came Sunday, I unexpectedly met the same people right outside of the Cathedral of Our Lady of Peace. I had no idea they were going to my church! Good thing I didn't cantor that morning... could have been a disaster from nervousness ha ha ha... Then as I was standing and looking at this young priest, I started wondering who that might be and why he looks familiar to me. Well, of course, because I've met this young and vibrant priest before, and I featured him right here on my blog months ago. Fr. Daren! What a fantastic surprise!

Fr. Daren, I was at the choir loft singing during that Mass and I was praising God for such an occasion of meeting you again and the wonderful youth and parents with you. I look forward to having dinner with you and hopefully with Esther, too!


Visit Fr. Daren's post that mentions our encounter and his adventures here on our island.




2 comments:

Rev. Daren J. Zehnle, J.C.L., K.C.H.S. said...

Easter,

I, too, thanked God for bringing me back to Hawaii that day. My heart has found its home there.

I can't wait to see you again after the World Youth Day!

Peace and Joy,

Fr. Daren

Easter Almuena said...

Fr. Daren,

Thank you for stopping by in the midst of your busy schedule. I was wondering how things were with you and your group because I didn't see a post on your blog for a couple of days or so. Praise God you are all alright! I continue to keep you all in my prayers.

Blessings of goodness and joy from our Lord,
Easter:-)