Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Ash Wednesday

"...the Cross of Christ. This means that the ash is for us a symbol both of annihilation and of hope. As the Cross is the Christian symbol of salvation and hope of eternal life, so the cross of ashes on our forehead is for us an invitation to freedom from sin and new life." -Fr. John Speekman, Homilies and Reflections from Australia

Please visit
Fr. John's reflection for today, Ash Wednesday.



I want to thank Fr. John Speekman for his generosity and patience. I would have liked very much to get back to blogging after two weeks from the time I last did an entry, but time proved to have its own pace. I simply could not keep up. I had a good sabbatical leave though. The best part of it was attending a retreat based on the spiritual exercises of St. Ignatius. I thank my Creator for his graciousness!

Fr. John Speekman, I loved your response to my interview questions! I have it all ready to publish after Ash Wednesday. All I have to do is click on "publish post". My deepest thanks to you.





No comments: