Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Damien Page

Fr. Damien of Molokai


I have been looking for a novena prayer to pray through Fr. Damien. I feel called to seek Fr. Damien's intercession as I am getting close to finishing a project I've been working on for over a year. My dear friend Esther of A Catholic Mom in Hawaii will be surprised to know that I found the liturgical text for Blessed Damien's Feast Day through an old site of hers. It may be old, but it's still very useful. Thanks, Esther!


Damien Page: "Father of mercy,
in Blessed Damien
you have given a shining witness of love
for the poorest and most abandoned.
Grant that, by his intercession,
as faithful witness of the heart of your Son Jesus,
we too may be servants of the most needy and rejected.
We ask this through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son,
who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit,
One God, for ever and ever. Amen."




No comments: